Here you will find the recipe from the last instagram post corresponding to the celebration of the recent Mother's Day 💗.
It is a vegetarian recipe, since the base has eggs and butter, both of free-range origin. The ideal is that you can use this type since that way you ensure both the quality of the ingredient and the treatment and feeding of the animals that were part of the process of those ingredients.
It should be noted that the ingredients are not the most "natural", since everything is packaged. This is because creams, butters, flours, among others, are generally used in confectionery. I make this clarification since lately, what I share on social networks, is about "real and ancestral" foods, however when it comes to confectionery, it is very difficult to respect these principles if we want to make a cake of this type.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 butter spoons
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup whole cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- touch of salt
- 2 cans of coconut cream (use only the fat, chill in the fridge overnight)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 5 lemons (just juice)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- peeled pistachios
- 1 cup of vegetable drink
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seed butter
- Preheat oven to 200 °C
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the base. Add water until you form a moldable dough. It should be smooth.
- Transfer dough to a tart pan. I used a 30x10 rectangular one. The important thing is to stretch the dough and leave it with a thickness of no more than about 3mm since it will increase its volume when baking.
- Go forming edges, like a traditional cake.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Wait for it to cool for about 10 more minutes so that later you can add the filling.
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients. The coconut oil must be melted. The coconut cream, from the cans, should be solid. For this, you must cool the 2 cans in the refrigerator, taking them to the cold ideally the night before.
- When opening cans of coconut cream, separate the fat from the liquid. By blending this cream with coconut oil, the cashews and the rest of the ingredients, a sauce will be formed that will solidify when cooled.
- Blend and emulsify all the filling ingredients. Taste and adjust flavors. Remember to give the lemon flavor with the juice and zest.
- Bring this mixture to the pie filling. Chill throughout the day in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by blending the vegetable drink with the pumpkin seed butter. This will give it the green color (and is cheaper than using pistachios). Emulsify sauce in blender. It does not need sweet since everything else is sweet enough.
- You have the sauce ready, you will use it to decorate each piece of cake together with the crushed pistachios. Cut pistachios (without the skin) and decorate each piece of cake.
- Once the cake cools, the filling will be solid and ready to cut each piece. Decorate with sauce and pistachios.
I hope you enjoy it!